Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Changing Profession

I was talking to my students the other day about space exploration. They wanted to know more about Neil Armstrong. I did not remember much from many years ago when I was a student. However, I was able to go to my computer and search Neil Armstrong. I then put up the information on the projector so the students could see pictures of him. We learned together.
As a teacher, my role was to have all the facts and information and help the students learn those facts. Now, through technology, we can learn together. This gives them endless learning opportunities since I do not know everything! They can learn beyond my limited knowledge. I just wonder how long until others catch on and realize that learning is different for kids today, so teaching must be different as well.

No comments: