Friday, June 20, 2008

Final Day


Today was our last day of class. I was very glad our group had time to work. We needed it! We accomplished alot in the morning. Above is a picture of our group, the blue group.
After lunch, we got to present first. This helps take the pressure off. We had a basic presentation outline. I think it would have been better to delegate the outline a little better for more equal speaking time. I think it also would have been beneficial to discuss what main points we wanted to share with the class. I am proud of our work this week. We certainly put in a lot of effort and it was nice to see it come to completion!
Later in the blog, I have posted about authentic writing, this was a presentation that another group did. They asked us reflective questions to blog about during their presentation. Lisa, another class member talked about their presentation on her blog. She commented about how the teacher inservice is made more valuable when teachers are asked to think about how they will use what they have learned.


The other group that presented, presented on using nings. A ning could be a great collaborative tool. I think it will be a while before my third graders are able to comfortably use a ning, however it would be a great tool for teacher collaboration and networking.

No comments: